FAQ For Grow With GooglE Scholarship
What is COL- Grow with Google Skills for Work Scholarship?
COL- Grow with Google Skills for Work Scholarship is an initiative of Commonwealth of Learning (COL) under its Skills for Work program. The Scholarship is aimed at enabling citizens of commonwealth nation acquire skills to gain employment, work, and livelihood
What is Skills for Work Program?
Skills for Work ,an initiative of Commonwealth of Learning (COL), aims to support the efforts of Commonwealth Member States to disseminate skills required for decent employment and entrepreneurship and pave the way for skilling, reskilling, upskilling and lifelong learning.Skills for Works takes a two-pronged approach:
- Through hybrid models that apply open and distance learning techniques, it helps women, girls, youth, people with disabilities, entrepreneurs, and the unemployed at the community level to acquire relevant 21st Century, life and essential skills, and access in-country mentorship support.
- Through varied partnership models, it enhances ODL capabilities of both TVET institutions and other non-governmental organisations involved in skill development to share and adapt open educational resources; develop capacity in blended teaching/learning practices; scale up outreach efforts; and, respond to the market needs.
Skills for Work believes that the success and the growth of private eLearning providers in both the developed world and in emerging economies contributes to closing the education and skills gap. The model of low-cost, highly convenient, accessible and self-paced, flexible self-learning is a direct answer to the needs of unemployed youth, workers in the informal economy and people with mobility challenges.
What is Grow With Google?
Grow with Google helps ensure that the opportunities created by technology are available to everyone. Through free tools and training, we help people get the right skills to find jobs they want, advance their careers and grow their businesses. Since launching in 2017, we’ve trained more than five million Americans on digital skills. And through a network of more than 7,500 partner organizations–including local libraries, schools, and nonprofits–more people across the country can reach their full potential.
- Small Business Ownercan build their online presence and find new customers.
- Job Seeker and Studentscan learn the skills they need to get the jobs they want in today’s evolving economy.
- Educatorscan learn how to help their students get the skills they need to be prepared for today’s jobs.
- Developerscan sharpen their current skills and master new ones.
- Startupscan learn how to get their ideas the exposure they need to succeed.
How much does Grow with Google cost?
How can I get a Grow with Google certification?
Several Grow with Google programs offer certificates and certifications to help you prepare for the workforce, including the Google IT Automation with Python Professional and the Google Workspace Certification
The Google IT Professional Certificates, developed by Google and hosted on Coursera, provide the job-ready skills you need to start or advance your IT career. Click here to learn more
The Google Workspace Certification proves your proficiency with essential digital workplace tools. A two-hour exam is required. Click here to learn more
What I will learn under IT Certificate course?
Learn about different areas of IT, like computer hardware, the internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. Discover a wide variety of topics that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program.More specifically, you’ll learn about:
- Troubleshooting and customer care
- Operating systems
- System administration
Why did Google create this program?
Google has long faced an issue that many other companies also contend with — they had open IT support roles, and not enough qualified candidates to fill them. So, a few years ago Google began working with a nonprofit organization to provide training and pathways to roles in technical support at Google. Google learned that not only is IT support a highly teachable field, but that Google could teach someone completely new to the industry the IT fundamentals in under six months. So, Google decided to build an IT training program on Coursera, created entirely by Googlers who are expert in IT support so this training could be available to everyone.
What background knowledge is necessary?
Are the certificates really 100% online?
What resources are available to help with my job search?
Whom to contact if I am having any difficulties to sign up for Grow with Google account under COL-Grow with Google Skills for Work Scholarship?
Experts located in Bangladesh will offer help with choosing courses, and provide administrative, academic support, as well as mentorship and counseling.Mobile: +8801883951291
What if I miss email invitations from Commonwealth of Learning?
Col Help-desk email link:
Can you get a Google Certificate under COL-Grow with Google Skills for Work Scholarship?
How many cohort or batches and scholarship available for Bangladesh in 2021?
First Batch- 2000 scholarship:
1 April 2021 – 30 September 2021 (6 months)
Second Batch – 2000 scholarship: 1 October 2021 – 31 March 2022 (6 months)